To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server.
Generating a Key Pair and CSR
NOTE: A key length of 1024 bit is the default, but Geotrust recommends the use of a 2048 bit key.
If the request is intended for an Extended Validation certificate or a certificate with a validity period beyond December 31, 2013, the 2048 bit key length will need to be selected.
- Open the WebUI.
- From the Options menu, click Configuration, then Date/Time.
- From the Date/Time page, click Sync Click with Client. Ensure that 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes' is selected.
- From the Options menu, click Network, then click DNS.
- Enter the Hostname of the device in the Hostname textbox. Enter the Domain name of the device in the Domain name textbox. These two together will become the Common Name.
- From the Options menu, click Objects, click Certificates, and then click New.
- Fill out all of the necessary fields and then click Generate.
You have just created a key pair and a CSR.
- To copy and paste the information into the enrollment form, open the file in a text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad or Vi are recommended).
- Copy and paste the CSR into the enrollment pages on the Geotrust website.