To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server.
Generate a Key Pair and Certificate Signing Request
NOTE: A key length of 1024 bit is the default, but Geotrust recommends the use of a 2048 bit key.
If the request is intended for an Extended Validation certificate or a certificate with a validity period beyond December 31, 2013, the 2048 bit key length will need to be selected.
- Click SSL > Certificates > Generate > Request.
- Select your newly created certificate identifier in the drop-down menu at the top.
- Fill out the fields including the common name, organization and location information.
- Select the bit lenght.
- Click Update.
- Click Apply button on the top of the screen.
- To copy and paste the information into the enrollment form, open the file in a text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad or Vi are recommended).
- Click Apply Changes.
- Copy and past the CSR into the enrollment pages on the Geotrust website